An abortion clinic worker with a special heritage is called upon to save the existence of humanity from being negated by two renegade angels trying to exploit a loop-hole and reenter Heaven.
Things we discussed in this episode:
- Thank you to all the new Ruiners that signed up for The Ruiners Club!
- We talk about the highs and lows of Ben Affleck.
- We discuss religion, politics, and feminism.
- The controversy and protest from the Catholic Church.
Our Predictions: Ashley-It will hold up. Ryan-changes his mind midway through a tangent and says it’s not going to hold up.
- Why you can’t stream this movie.
- We head to Tangent City again about movie theater etiquette.
- Why Ashley can’t say imdb.com.
- We go into rape culture and the character of Jay in a modern world….oh god.
- We discuss how the phrase “newspaper clipping in the mail.” is dated.
- Ryan says, “I could smell that scene.”
Ryan: The “Cagey”– Jason Mewes (Jay)
The “Hanxy”– Alan Rickman (Metatron)
Ashley: The “Cagey” – Linda Fiorentino (Bethany)
The “Hanxy”– Matt Damon (Loki)
Does it hold up?
Facts from 1999:
- This movie was released Nov 12th 1999.
- Top TV Shows: The Practice, Touched by an Angel and Law & Order.
- Top Songs: “Balimos” Enrique Inglesias – “Unpretty” TLC – “Heartbreaker” Mariah Carey ft. Jay Z
- Other hit films: The Mummy, Runaway Bride and Blair Witch Project
- Movie streaming info from Justwatch.com
- Facts from https://pop-culture.us
- Music Clips in episode: https://freemusicarchive.org/music/Fanas/Or_Up_We_Fall